Strengthen the leadership and charitable commitment of youth in our community by providing opportunities to develop solutions to serious problems.
Youth Advisory History
In 1992, the trustees of the Community Foundation for Alger County created the Youth Advisory Committee in response to a challenge issued by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. The Kellogg Foundation contributed a $500,000 grant to the Alger Regional Community Foundation to create an endowment to be managed for and by youth in Alger County. Therefore, YAC was established to identify needs, solicit grant proposals, and to make funding recommendations to the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Thousands of dollars have been granted to local youth projects from the interest generated from the Kellogg Youth Endowment Fund.
What is Required of the Youth Advisory Committee?
- Identify youth needs, assets, and opportunities in our community
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings [2-3 per year]
- Make decisions about awarding grant funds to youth projects
- Get involved in community service projects
- Make a positive difference in Alger County
Youth Advisory Committee Members:
- April Lark, Youth Advisor
- Elizabeth Wing 7
- Carson Kienitz 7
- Tyler Nelson 8
- Julia Prunick 8
- Monique Brisson 9
- Kane Nebel 9
- Jenna Matson 10
- Lori Mattson 10
- Mitchell Schieding 11
- Ainsley Bonevelle 11
- Carly Lindquist 12
- Bryce Bowerman 12