Skip to content
2019 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase an outside weather-resistant message board to share pantry information with the community.
- Alger County Sheriff Office- to help fund a full-time school resource officer for all schools in Alger County
- Alger County Women’s Center- to provide support to Alger County clients in terms of funding for basic necessities, or funds to help victims flee a domestic and/or sexual violence situation.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks- to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification- to present the city of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Feeding America West Michigan- to establish mobile food pantries throughout Alger County.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development- to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County youth and senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Munising Bay Trail Network- to provide helmets to youth that do not have their own when participating in youth mountain biking programs.
- Munising Hockey Association- to purchase new team jerseys for 9/10-year-old hockey team
- Munising H.S. Robotics Team Cyberstangs- to cover team travel and purchase of tools for robotic construction
- Munising M.S Robotics Team Electrostangs- to purchase a laptop for team use, in addition to four Cue Coding Robots and storage cases, portable projector and screen, and a used iPad to develop the team’s technology skills
Website made possible by the generosity of Ms. Deanna Boyak and the Fuzzy Boyak Memorial Fund.