Skip to content
June 2020 Covid-19 Grants
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase disinfectant materials.
- Alger County Animal Shelter– to purchase cleaning materials.
- Alger Parks and Recreation Department– to purchase disinfectant materials, plexiglass for office, no-touch thermometer, sinks with touchless faucets.
- Alger Transit Authority– to purchase vital oxide disinfectant – 55-gallon drum.
- Burt Township School District– to purchase a Pan Mobile Electric Steam table with undershelf and overshelf with sneeze guard.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase 20 pairs of youth hockey gloves.
- Munising Public Schools– to purchase six rolls of Makersbot PLA 3-D printer filament.
2020 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase ALTRAN Bus tickets in order to help Alger community families cost free transportation to those in need to access the food pantry.
- Alger County Community That Cares– to provide training for a Grand Marais CTC member in Positive Action. Positive Action is a social emotional evidence based program focused on K-12 students.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters– to provide direct assistance to resources for families and ongoing emotional support for youth.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks– to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification– to present the City of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Community Foundation for Delta County– to create and implement monthly support groups for children and families impacted by abuse who do not qualify for clinical services in Alger County.
- Good Shepherd Early Childhood Center-to provide new high security doors at the center.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development– to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Hiawatha Camp Corporation– to provide a single walk in freezer for camp use.
- Munising Bay Trail Network– to construct a pump track at the City of Munising Mountain Bike Park.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase a drinking fountain/water bottle filling station at the Alger Ice Arena.
2019 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase an outside weather-resistant message board to share pantry information with the community.
- Alger County Sheriff Office- to help fund a full-time school resource officer for all schools in Alger County
- Alger County Women’s Center- to provide support to Alger County clients in terms of funding for basic necessities, or funds to help victims flee a domestic and/or sexual violence situation.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks- to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification- to present the city of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Feeding America West Michigan- to establish mobile food pantries throughout Alger County.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development- to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County youth and senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Munising Bay Trail Network- to provide helmets to youth that do not have their own when participating in youth mountain biking programs.
- Munising Hockey Association- to purchase new team jerseys for 9/10-year-old hockey team
- Munising H.S. Robotics Team Cyberstangs- to cover team travel and purchase of tools for robotic construction
- Munising M.S Robotics Team Electrostangs- to purchase a laptop for team use, in addition to four Cue Coding Robots and storage cases, portable projector and screen, and a used iPad to develop the team’s technology skills
Website made possible by the generosity of Ms. Deanna Boyak and the Fuzzy Boyak Memorial Fund.