Skip to content
2021 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase two upright freezers to accommodate more frozen items to distribute to those in need.
- Alger County Veterans Service Office- to provide low-income veterans in Alger County with food and transportation assistance.
- City of Munising City Beautification- to present the City of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Delta Regional Child Advocacy Center- to provide funding assistance for cleaning and sanitation, office supplies, emergency supplies for families, and educational materials.
- Eastern UP Opioid Response Consortium- to provide funds to establish a Families Against Narcotics Chapter.
- Girl Scouts– to help give the opportunity for every girl K-12 in Alger County to join Girl Scouts.
- Great Lakes Recovery Centers– to help fund the expansion of residential services for substance abuse treatment and to create recovery/transitional housing for both men and women in Eastern UP.
- Hiawatha Camp Corporation– to build a new Ecology Center building in a location better suited for ecological teaching.
- Munising Bay Trail Network– to purchase a Snowdog groomer and attachment to expand opportunities for winter biking activity for residents (including Youth) and visitors to Alger County.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase heavy duty skate helpers to be used for open skate and learn to skate programs.
- Nifty Thrifty– to have two windows replaced in the resale shop.
June 2020 Covid-19 Grants
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase disinfectant materials.
- Alger County Animal Shelter– to purchase cleaning materials.
- Alger Parks and Recreation Department– to purchase disinfectant materials, plexiglass for office, no-touch thermometer, sinks with touchless faucets.
- Alger Transit Authority– to purchase vital oxide disinfectant – 55-gallon drum.
- Burt Township School District– to purchase a Pan Mobile Electric Steam table with undershelf and overshelf with sneeze guard.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase 20 pairs of youth hockey gloves.
- Munising Public Schools– to purchase six rolls of Makersbot PLA 3-D printer filament.
2020 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase ALTRAN Bus tickets in order to help Alger community families cost free transportation to those in need to access the food pantry.
- Alger County Community That Cares– to provide training for a Grand Marais CTC member in Positive Action. Positive Action is a social emotional evidence based program focused on K-12 students.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters– to provide direct assistance to resources for families and ongoing emotional support for youth.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks– to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification– to present the City of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Community Foundation for Delta County– to create and implement monthly support groups for children and families impacted by abuse who do not qualify for clinical services in Alger County.
- Good Shepherd Early Childhood Center-to provide new high security doors at the center.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development– to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Hiawatha Camp Corporation– to provide a single walk in freezer for camp use.
- Munising Bay Trail Network– to construct a pump track at the City of Munising Mountain Bike Park.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase a drinking fountain/water bottle filling station at the Alger Ice Arena.
2019 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase an outside weather-resistant message board to share pantry information with the community.
- Alger County Sheriff Office- to help fund a full-time school resource officer for all schools in Alger County
- Alger County Women’s Center- to provide support to Alger County clients in terms of funding for basic necessities, or funds to help victims flee a domestic and/or sexual violence situation.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks- to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification- to present the city of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Feeding America West Michigan- to establish mobile food pantries throughout Alger County.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development- to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County youth and senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Munising Bay Trail Network- to provide helmets to youth that do not have their own when participating in youth mountain biking programs.
- Munising Hockey Association- to purchase new team jerseys for 9/10-year-old hockey team
- Munising H.S. Robotics Team Cyberstangs- to cover team travel and purchase of tools for robotic construction
- Munising M.S Robotics Team Electrostangs- to purchase a laptop for team use, in addition to four Cue Coding Robots and storage cases, portable projector and screen, and a used iPad to develop the team’s technology skills
Website made possible by the generosity of Ms. Deanna Boyak and the Fuzzy Boyak Memorial Fund.