2021 Spring Grant Awards
Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase two upright freezers to accommodate more frozen items to distribute to those in need.
Alger County Veterans Service Office- to provide low-income veterans in Alger County with food and transportation assistance.
City of Munising City Beautification- to present the City of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
Delta Regional Child Advocacy Center- to provide funding assistance for cleaning and sanitation, office supplies, emergency supplies for families, and educational materials.
Eastern UP Opioid Response Consortium- to provide funds to establish a Families Against Narcotics Chapter.
Girl Scouts– to help give the opportunity for every girl K-12 in Alger County to join Girl Scouts.
Great Lakes Recovery Centers– to help fund the expansion of residential services for substance abuse treatment and to create recovery/transitional housing for both men and women in Eastern UP.
Hiawatha Camp Corporation– to build a new Ecology Center building in a location better suited for ecological teaching.
Munising Bay Trail Network– to purchase a Snowdog groomer and attachment to expand opportunities for winter biking activity for residents (including Youth) and visitors to Alger County.
Munising Hockey Association– to purchase heavy duty skate helpers to be used for open skate and learn to skate programs.
Nifty Thrifty– to have two windows replaced in the resale shop.
June 2020 Covid-19 Grants
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase disinfectant materials.
- Alger County Animal Shelter– to purchase cleaning materials.
- Alger Parks and Recreation Department– to purchase disinfectant materials, plexiglass for office, no-touch thermometer, sinks with touchless faucets.
- Alger Transit Authority– to purchase vital oxide disinfectant – 55-gallon drum.
- Burt Township School District– to purchase a Pan Mobile Electric Steam table with undershelf and overshelf with sneeze guard.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase 20 pairs of youth hockey gloves.
- Munising Public Schools– to purchase six rolls of Makersbot PLA 3-D printer filament.
2020 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry– to purchase ALTRAN Bus tickets in order to help Alger community families cost free transportation to those in need to access the food pantry.
- Alger County Community That Cares– to provide training for a Grand Marais CTC member in Positive Action. Positive Action is a social emotional evidence based program focused on K-12 students.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters– to provide direct assistance to resources for families and ongoing emotional support for youth.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks– to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification– to present the City of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Community Foundation for Delta County– to create and implement monthly support groups for children and families impacted by abuse who do not qualify for clinical services in Alger County.
- Good Shepherd Early Childhood Center-to provide new high security doors at the center.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development– to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Hiawatha Camp Corporation– to provide a single walk in freezer for camp use.
- Munising Bay Trail Network– to construct a pump track at the City of Munising Mountain Bike Park.
- Munising Hockey Association– to purchase a drinking fountain/water bottle filling station at the Alger Ice Arena.
2019 Spring Grant Awards
- Alger Community Food Pantry- to purchase an outside weather-resistant message board to share pantry information with the community.
- Alger County Sheriff Office- to help fund a full-time school resource officer for all schools in Alger County
- Alger County Women’s Center- to provide support to Alger County clients in terms of funding for basic necessities, or funds to help victims flee a domestic and/or sexual violence situation.
- Burt Township Creative Sparks- to provide a variety of art and cultural classes to the Grand Marais community.
- City of Munising City Beautification- to present the city of Munising as a colorful and welcoming place to be.
- Feeding America West Michigan- to establish mobile food pantries throughout Alger County.
- Greater Munising Bay Partnership for Commerce Development- to distribute $2 coupons to Alger County youth and senior citizens for fresh fruit and vegetables at the Munising Farmers’ Market.
- Munising Bay Trail Network- to provide helmets to youth that do not have their own when participating in youth mountain biking programs.
- Munising Hockey Association- to purchase new team jerseys for 9/10-year-old hockey team
- Munising H.S. Robotics Team Cyberstangs- to cover team travel and purchase of tools for robotic construction
- Munising M.S Robotics Team Electrostangs- to purchase a laptop for team use, in addition to four Cue Coding Robots and storage cases, portable projector and screen, and a used iPad to develop the team’s technology skills