Giving to the Alger Regional Community Foundation
Reasons to Give
Like other nonprofits, the Alger Regional Community Foundation addresses a variety of needs in our community. However, the Alger Regional Community Foundation offers a unique way for contributors to donate. Not only does the money you give today benefit our community now, it will continue supporting programs in the future.
How it Works
The original amount you donate will always be with the Foundation as part of our endowment. With the help of our investments, that original amount will be left untouched and will continue to grow as it gains interest and value. However, any monies earned above and beyond that principle will be awarded in the form of grants and scholarships to other nonprofit organizations within Alger County. These grants and scholarships help an array of programs and special initiatives addressing topics such as: arts and culture, recreation, education, senior citizens, agriculture, healthcare, and many more. With the variety of funds the foundation holds, you are bound to find at least one fund to match your charitable interests. Check out our Annual Report for a complete listing of funds.
Ways to Give
The Alger Regional Community Foundation encourages people to give back to their community in whatever way possible. Some people donate their time, others donate talents, and many donate their treasures.
The Foundation accepts cash, checks, money orders, stocks, bonds, securities, art, real property and we have recently been set up on Paypal.
There are several ways to give gifts of treasure:
- Outright Gifts
- Tribute and Memorial Gifts
- Planned Gifts
If you or someone you know would like to make a contribution, please contact us at (906) 387-3900 or email us.
Ten Reasons People Choose to Give Through Community Foundations
- We are local organizations with deep roots in the community.
- Our professional staffs have broad expertise regarding community issues and needs.
- We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests.
- Our funds help people invest in the causes they care about most.
- We accept a wide variety of assets, and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving.
- We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving.
- We offer maximum tax advantages for most gifts under federal and state law.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.
- We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies.
- We are community leaders, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change.
Ways You Can Give to the Alger Regional Community Foundation
There are many options to choose from when giving to the Alger Regional Community Foundation. Donors can start creating a philanthropic legacy now with an outright gift; or do so later with a planned gift.
The Community Foundation accepts a wide variety of gifts:
- Appreciated Stock
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
Including the Alger Regional Community Foundation in your estate plan is an easy way for you to make a significant impact on community needs and create a legacy that lasts forever. You can use a variety of assets to make a planned gift and accomplish your charitable goals.
- Retirement Portfolios
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Retained Life Estates