ALGER REGIONAL COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
From a humble beginning in 1992, with an endowment from the Munising Rotary Club, the Alger Regional Community Foundation has become a source of pride. By working together we can create opportunities which will strengthen Alger County now and for many years to come.
The Foundation comprises 48 different funds with more than $2.5 million in assets. The earnings of which are dedicated to supporting ‘quality of life’ enhancement programs in Alger County. From scholarships and educational awards to “field of interest” funds, the Foundation offers opportunities for donors to experience the joy of giving, so the opportunities that are dear to their hearts can be experienced by others.
We invite you to explore the pages of our website and listen to your heart to see how you could become a part of our Foundation. If your donation’s vision doesn’t exactly line up with one of our existing funds, we will work with you to create a new fund that will accomplish your charitable goals.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in the Alger Regional Community Foundation, and hope to have the opportunity to work with you – For Good. For Ever.
Types of Funds
There are various avenues to choose from when establishing a fund with the Foundation. Below is an overview of the types of funds available:
- Unrestricted Funds: Beneficiary is not specified at the time of the gift. The ARCF Board has the flexibility to support current priority needs no matter what they are or how the community’s needs have changed.
- Field-of-interest Funds: Designated for a particular area of interest such as “the arts,” or “children,” or the “elderly.” Does not limit grants to any particular organization.
- Scholarship Fund: Scholarships provide students with an opportunity to further their education or training.
The Alger Regional Community Foundation exists for the purpose of providing financial assistance to Alger County for quality of life enhancement programs.
The Alger Regional Community Foundation accomplishes this through the development and growth of permanent endowment funds tailored to the wishes of our donors, to ensure that both present and future opportunities are consistent with our donors’ visions.
___________________________________________Alger Regional Community Foundation P.O. Box 39 Munising, Michigan 49862 (906) 387-3900 firstname.lastname@example.org www.algercf.com
Community Foundation of the Upper Peninsula
Audited Financial Reports – 2012
Audited Financial Reports – 2013
Audited Financial Reports – 2014
Audited Financial Reports – 2015
Board of Directors
- Jolene Hetherington, President
- Steve Peffers, Vice President
- Kimberly Moote, Secretary
- Bette Immel, Treasurer
- Dick Bowerman, Trustee
- Rod DesJardins, Trustee
- Melissa Hall, Trustee